A Few Points To Consider Before Your First Laser Hair Appointment
1. You need to shave
People who are used to waxing might find it weird, but if you plan to opt for laser hair removal, you first need to shave the area. You should typically shave the area eight hours before the procedure. However, there are no problems if you shave the day before. You should time your shaving as close to the appointment as possible. However, you should provide your skin enough time after shaving so that it is not too sensitive.
2. Cease other treatments during and before laser hair removal
Typically, you should not pluck, wax, bleach your hair, or use depilatory creams three to six weeks before the first treatment as well as during the rest of the treatment period. The laser procedure will not work on light colored hairs or if there are no hairs present (because you have waxed them).
3. Stay out of the sun
There is no point undergoing laser hair removal on sunburned skin. Ideally, you should not have any tan on your skin. This includes making your skin darker with suntan creams. Apply sunblock to exposed areas and keep the area to be treated away from sunlight a minimum of four weeks before the appointment. You should also be wary of exposing your skin to the sun after the laser treatment process.
4. It might not be pain-free
Although many salons advertise that their procedures are pain-free, different people react differently to laser hair removal. You might experience anything from intense pain to slight discomfort. The latter is often referred to as elastic band snapping of the skin. People with coarse hair and dark skin tone experience more pain.
5. Consider taking pain precautions
Take an oral anti-inflammatory pill such as Ibuprofen 30 minutes before the appointment if you have sensitive skin and are worried about the pain. You also have the option of applying anesthetic cream before your appointment. Consult your pharmacist about the best options in case you plan to apply a numbing cream. Do not forget to read the directions on the tube. Apply the cream so that its effect starts during your appointment.
6. Book your appointment around your period
The process of laser hair removal is more painful if you undergo the same around the time you are menstruating. Try your best to schedule your appointment around your period. However, you should consider pain management options seriously, if you cannot avoid going at that time of the month.
7. You must stick to your schedule
You have to go for repeat treatments every four to eight weeks, depending on the area being treated. It is vital that you do not extend your appointment as the schedule is based on the hair growth cycle. Contact your therapist for an alternate schedule if you somehow have to miss an appointment. However, try your best to ensure that you stick to the original schedule, as this plays a significant role in removing the hair successfully.
8. You will require more than one session
Placecol informed us that the majority of individuals require six to eight sessions to achieve the desired results. However, certain lucky individuals are better off as they do not need more than four sessions to complete the laser hair removal process. Here is some good news for you. You will observe hair reduction from the very first session.
9. It is extremely quick
The hair removal sessions are speedy. However, the time required for the treatment is dependant on your skin type and the size of the area from which you want the hair to be removed. The therapist will need to use the laser for only 40 seconds if you have fair skin and want to undergo the laser hair removal procedure to eliminate hair from your underarms. The best part is that you can return to work immediately after the process.
10. It does not work for everyone
Here is some good news as well as some bad news. The new state-of-the-art lasers used by hair salons are safe to use on all skin colors and skin types. Therefore, you have the option of undergoing the laser hair removal procedure if you have dark skin. However, this procedure will not work as well on red, grey, or blonde hair.
11. You will observe results soon, but your hair will not disappear
How does the laser hair removal process work? This method damages the hair follicle but does not do anything to the hair in that follicle. You will leave with the same amount of hair that you came in with after your initial appointment. However, the targeted hair present in the active growth cycle will stop growing and fall out.
12. It is worthwhile
A quick search on the internet will show you that individuals have had hair removed up to 95% and the remaining 5% are usually excellent.
Laser hair treatment is not always permanent, mainly if your body produces more hair follicles that have not been subjected to the laser. Maintenance treatment every few years should solve this issue. Say goodbye to hair plucking, shaving, and waxing.
Laser Hair Removal Maple Ridge